If you’d like to help these wonderful animals but are unable to adopt, please consider a donation.
Here is what we need:
- Kitten and puppy formula and dry kibble for the little ones. We have puppies and kittens coming in year round so these items are always in high demand.
- Martingale collars (all sizes) and leashes. Each week we are sending many pets on rescue transports who all need collars and leashes.
- Cleaning supplies: Any brand unscented/regular DISINFECTING BLEACH*, Dawn dish soap, hand sanitizer, heavy duty trash bags, laundry detergent and paper towels. *Most non-regular bleaches (e.g., “splash-less,” “thickcling,” scented) are not designed or effective as a disinfectant. Check the label for disinfectant instructions if in doubt.
- Money: Every pet: young, old, feline, canine is met by hands – gentle, cautious or firm, but always caring. The pets are examined, tested and given vaccines. Their data is recorded and their meds administered. Other hands clean kennels and deliver food and water. Others drive pets to vetting appointments in vehicles maintained for use at the shelter. The SC Secretary of State has rated Darlington County Humane Society as 99.54% of it funds going directly to its mission. DCHS is non-profit, and your donations are tax deductible within the limits of the law.
- Money donated to the shelter ensures that every pet will be cared for and its health monitored.
- You can donate on-line by clicking here:
- Donate by cash, check, or credit card at the shelter itself.
- Donate by check by mailing it to P.O. Box 1655, Hartsville, SC 29551.
Join the DCHS Bag of the Month Club and help feed the pets at the shelter. Your monthly donation will help provide our pets with a consistent,healthy, daily diet. Hugh Brunson at Darlington Feed and Seed is working with us to make sure our pets never go hungry. To take advantage of this special program, call or stop by Darlington Feed and Seed today! Hugh can set up a convenient monthly payment program for you or bill you quarterly. Don’t delay! The pets are counting on you.
Darlington Feed and Seed
213 E Broad St