If you’d like to help these wonderful animals but are unable to adopt, please consider a donation. Donations can be either monetary or materials.
Every pet: young, old, feline, canine is met by hands – gentle, cautious or firm, but always caring. The pets are examined, tested and given vaccines. Their data is recorded and their meds administered. Other hands clean kennels and deliver food and water. Others drive pets to vetting appointments in vehicles maintained for use at the shelter. The SC Secretary of State has lists Darlington County Humane Society as having 99.4% of it funds going directly to its mission. DCHS is non-profit, and your donations are tax deductible within the limits of the law.
You can make monetary donations in several ways:
- Donate by clicking the green icon on the side bar.
- Donate by cash, check, or credit card at the shelter itself
- Donate by check by mailing it to P.O. Box 1655, Hartsville, SC 29551
Here are the things we always need:
- Kitten and puppy formula and dry kibble for the little ones. We have puppies and kittens coming in year round so these items are always in high demand.
- Martingale collars (all sizes) and leashes. Each week we are sending many pets on rescue transports who all need collars and leashes.
- Cleaning supplies: Any brand unscented/regular DISINFECTING BLEACH*, Dawn dish soap, hand sanitizer, heavy duty trash bags, laundry detergent and paper towels.
*Most non-regular bleaches (e.g., “splash-less,” “thickening,” scented) are not designed or effective as a disinfectant. Check the label for disinfectant instructions if in doubt.